Eligibility Criteria for the NC SBRE Scholarship
**Click here for a printable PDF version.
NOTE: Scholarships will not be awarded for the 2017-2018 academic year.
To qualify as a candidate for a NC State Board of Refrigeration Examiners Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a resident of N.C.
2. Be enrolled (or must intend to enroll) in an Associate in Applied Science Degree Program of study in Commercial Refrigeration Technology or in an Associate in Applied Science Degree Program of study in HVACR Technology.
3. Maintain a grade point average at or above the level required for graduation.
4. Continue for the duration of the scholarship at the college where he or she was enrolled at the time of the scholarship award.
1. Two or more scholarships will be awarded annually depending on available funds.
2. The annual amount will be determined by the interest accrued on the endowed Principle fund. The annual award will not be greater than the total of students' tuition, books and supplies for two semesters of the academic year.
3. Scholarship checks will be made payable jointly to the individual recipients and to their community college.